OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
FOR WWEG-FM (hereinafter referred to as “Station”)
operated by Manning Broadcasting Inc.,
“MAN CAVE MAKEOVER Contest”
- Contest dates are weekdays from May 12, 2014 – June 13, 2014, excluding Monday May 26, 2014.
- Participants must listen for the “Manly Man Sounder” weekdays between 9am and 5pm. The 10th caller will be secured at 1-800-222-1069 and will be qualified for the Man Cave Makeover. The sounder will play three times each weekday during contest dates. Qualifying prize is 10 Maryland Lottery scratcher tickets valued at $1 each.
- One winner will be selected from all eligible qualifiers, on or about Monday June 16, 2014 and notified by phone.
- Grand Prize winner must arrange for pickup or delivery of the Television from Spicher’s Appliance located at 13427 Pennsylvania Avenue; Hagerstown; the 2 recliners from Ashley Furniture Homestore located at 1305 West 7th Street in Frederick. Delivery could be subject to an additional charge that would be the responsibility of the Winner. Remaining items will be available for pickup at the Frederick or Hagerstown offices of Manning Broadcasting.
- Entrants who listen on the 106.9 The Eagle Streaming Player or the Smartphone Apps are advised that there is a delay between the actual broadcast and the streaming which could result in a delay in response time for the cue to call.
- Only one qualifier per household during contest period.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
- Contest is open to all residents, 21 or older, of MD, PA, VA, WV, and the District of Columbia, All employees, agents, successors, interns, and assignees of MBI, employees of other radio or television stations and members of their immediate families are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws", or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Participants and winner(s) must beU.S.residents.
- No "duos," groups, or teams will be allowed to enter together unless otherwise specified within a specific contest’s rules. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions, or concerns, regarding the Contest and/or the prize(s), will be handled by the MBI, whose decision(s) are final and indisputable.
- Entry for any contest is limited to one person per household. No entrant is eligible to win more than 1 prize in any contest sponsored by or conducted by MBI within any 30 day period.
- Unless otherwise specified, prizes must be claimed within 30 days at the MBI offices in either Frederick (5742 Industry Lane) or Hagerstown (880 Commonwealth Avenue). Unclaimed prizes become the property of MBI.
Acceptance and Delivery of Prize
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded. All prize(s) are non-transferable. Inability to accept or deliver prize(s) will result in forfeiture. MBI, retains the right to substitute prize(s) with other prize(s) of equal or greater value in the event the original prize(s) offered is not available for reasons beyond the reasonable control of MBI. Any valuation of the prize(s) awarded is based on available information provided to Station, and the value of any prize (as determine by Station in its sole discretion) awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
- It is anticipated that qualifiers should have possession of the prize within 30 days of winning; however, MBI makes no guaranty as to the actual delivery date.
- All Contest(s)/Prize(s) subject to Federal, State, and local regulations and laws and are void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- If prize(s) includes travel, lodging, entertainment, special event, or an automobile, the winner(s) is responsible for all taxes, expenses, tags, title, licensing and registration fees and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize(s). Winners agree to all blackout periods, space availability requirements, etc., as stated by the Station and Contest prize partner(s), which shall include hotels, airlines, train travel, ship/boat travel, etc. Winner(s) agree that acceptance of any trip as a prize(s) from Station does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
- Winner(s) must use their true, legal, name when playing contests or claiming prize(s) and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner(s) will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
Conditions of Winning
- Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable Federal, Sate, Local and other taxes. Each winner must provide Station with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Failure to timely provide such information and/or any other reasonably required documentation, including, without limitation, a release and affidavit of eligibility, may result in delay in receiving prizes or the forfeiture thereof. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant MBI, the permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likeness in connection with the promotion (via print, broadcast or other forms of media) of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, compensation or remuneration for such use. By calling the contest lines, voices and names may be recorded and used for promotional or broadcast purposes.
- All winners must sign a release agreement to accept prize.
Contest participants and winners, on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, hereby fully and forever remises, releases and discharges MBI, and each and all of its subsidiary and affiliated corporations, companies and divisions, its predecessors, successors and assigns, and its respective directors, stockholders, officers, employees and agents, of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities, of whatsoever kind or nature, in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether or not concealed or hidden, which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to this contest.
All participants and winners indemnify and hold forever harmless Station, and MBI, and their agencies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates, and assigns, for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages, or causes of action, arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize(s).
No Warranties Provided
MBI and Station do not warrant any of the products, materials or services that a winner receives. The materials, services or products that a winner receives are provided “as is.” There may be warranties provided by the manufacturer of the product, material or service, for which MBI, has no responsibility or duty to perform.
a. MBI reserves the right to change contest rules and/or dates at any time without additional notice.
b. MBI reserves the right to add or subtract additional station or stations to this contest at any time.
c. MBI is considered the “judge.” Judge’s decisions are final.
d. MBI reserves the right to end and or modify contest at any time without additional notice or further compensation required.